Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

abs and updates

Hey guys! I've been retweaking my website! The first thing you'll notice is that I changed the URL from "dailygraphicjournal" to "thenoirguy". I created the daily graphic journal to draw little comics everyday and to help my art skills improve(which it did) but over time it turned into my main website. I just recently realized I could change the name of it and I've been using the tag "thenoirguy" for awhile. I think I'm going to stick with it for awhile. It took me awhile to find all the places I linked my website, I have a profile in so many places. The only question is whether I want to keep it a ".blogspot" or shill out for a proper url name. Thoughts?

I'm still undecided on the title. Should it just be my name or "The Noir Guy" or something like "The Noir Guy's website"? I'll figure it out.

I took out the link widgets and just created a links page. It's less cluttered and will probably get people's attentions better. I think at a later date I'll add descriptions to all the names. Still undecided as to whether or not to keep "favorite comics" and "Who I follow". Is it really necessary and does it fit?

I also added a tweety thing. Twitters are cool. I added the Rocket Powered Dragon button last week and I think I'll add a Sketched Screenings button, a Rickety Rat button, and maybe a Sketchy Noir button.

UPDATE: I added them. I added the crap outta them.

Speaking of Sketched Screenings, I updated that as well! I added a "Quick Reviews" section for movies I saw but don't have the inclination, will power or word count to write a full review. I might make a separate page for that if I make alot. I also added a "types of posts" section for people who want to see just reviews or just lists. I think that will be helpful. I may create a links page and possibly a contributors page, depending on if I get more contributors. And I did 2 new reviews! Kung Fu Panda 2 and Hangover Part 2!

Now for the fun stuff, sketches! I just did a few parts here and there from magazines, but I liked them enough to post them.


I'll also have a new Purple Boy and Turquoise Girl up tomorrow. And have you been checking out Sketchy Noir? It's gettin' pretty steamy, lemme tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment