Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

zombies and pelicans!

Hey guys! I have some more stuff today!

First off, I did an illustration for the the awesome band The Lion Faced Boy, and they're going to turn it into a shirt! Eventually. But I really liked the illustration, so I had to show it off.

More sketches and stuff after the jump!


I've been trying to find a new style, so I did some quick cartoony sketches.
Still working on it, might bring it into photoshop.

Also, I've decided to enter an animation into this month's 11 second club contest, because, y'know, I had a few extra milliseconds in my schedule.

I know I have a lot on my plate already, and I have half the time, but I call myself an animator and I haven't really truly animated in forever.  And it's not like I'm never not going to be busy, I've come to terms with that.  I'm going to do a (hopefully) quick, simple flash animation.  The characters I've decided to animate are a crab and a pelican.  I did a number of sketches before coming to the final designs:




So yeah, I'll be working on that. Going to bring them into flash either tonight or tomorrow, hopefully have the scene fleshed out by Friday.

And now linkstorm!  LINKSTORM YOU GUYS!

This week over at Sketched Screenings, I reviewed Midnight in Paris and Super 8! Go check them out!

In comics, over at Rocket Powered Dragon, I did a new Purple Boy and Turquoise Girl, and you can expect a new Barber page tomorrow! Aaaaaaand, next week I'm going to have a new Brother Rabbit! I might have a new Random Awesome comic on friday because I've been saying that for a couple of weeks and I have a couple that are unfinished, but I'm making no promises. 

I've been updating Sketchy Noir regularly, but not promoting it that much since I'm only semi-proud of it. 

Oh man! Also, I just started a new tumblr, because I just loved the idea, called Darker than 9B.  It's going to be a collection of comics about Hard Crime, Horror, Sci-Fi, and the occult, all done entirely in pencil, charcoal, and/or graphite(because 9B is the darkest pencil you can get...get it?! squeee!). I only have a couple of promotional posters up, and I want to do more, I just don't have the time or the stories at the moment.  I almost want to ask people for submissions, because I think it would be cool to see what other people come up with.  What do you guys think? Would I have any comicing/illustration people interested? 

No comments:

Post a Comment