Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

Friday Night Updates

Wow, today I realized I haven't done a blog update all week! Unfortunately I haven't been doing much sketching, I've been too busy in other places!  You know what that means. LINKSTORM! Linkstorm, activate!

First off, new Book of the Barber over at Rocket Powered Dragon!
The fight with the Overgrown comes to an explosive conclusion!  I really like this page, and that panel in particular. More after the jump!



Also I have a new Purple Boy and Turquoise Girl, and I bring back the return of the Wonder Couple!
Now in full superhero garb and fighting a real enemy sorta!

And you know what I haven't done in awhile? A new Brother Rabbit!
This week, he tries new foods!

I've also done a number of posts at Sketched Screenings.  I have a my review of Green Lantern with a fancy new illustration:

I also did a couple of Sketched Discussions, one on how Fast Five is a great Videogame Movie, and one tonight on my predictions for Transformers: Dark of the Moon!

For my Dark of the Moon discussion, I had to draw some transformers, something I'm not too familiar with.  I started off doing optimus Prime blocky like his classic G1 style, but quickly fell into doing a more cartoony version similar to the Animated Optimus.
I was a bit hesitant to do a movie version of Megatron because he has such a weird organic design with little discernable characteristics, but then I realized it's just a bunch of scribbles. Here are sketches of Starscream and Meagtron!

I just did a simple pencil sketch for the discussion post, I think I'll save a nice ink or vector illustration for next week when it comes out.

Also, I've been trying to work on that crabby animation. I still need to so some major animation, but I storyboarded it and made a nice background:

I'm really hoping I'll have the time to finish this. I really want to get back into animating and I'd as well like to test out the new animation tools flash has.

Well that's all for this week, I'll have more later! Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment