Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

noir girls and anniversaries

Hey guys! I have done sketches and things! Look at my things that I have done!

First off, here are some sketches I did today of some lovely noir ladies. The first one I started off using this technique of penciling out the angles which I got from this video. It seemed like an interesting idea, so I tried it out.
It was an interesting exercise. I should try it out more. Then I did a more fully rendered version which I'm pretty proud of:

I think I did a nice job on the shading and atmospheric perspective. Also I this one which I'm semi proud of:
Not sure if I got all the proportions right. I've been using photos from Film Noir Photos because gosh do I love film noir and they have some really nice contrasty photos. Great for light studies.

Also, I have a new Purple Boy and Turquoise Girl up! And it's my tenth one! I'm pretty proud of that. Here's a preview!

Also also, I've started uploading pages from my Fiction Project until my new Sketchy Noir Tumblr. I'll have a new page up every weekday. It's a noir story about a Florist. You should go check it out!

That's it for tonight. New Barber will be up tomorrow and it will be its tenth anniversary too!


No comments:

Post a Comment