Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

sketch dump monday

Oh hey, remember when I said I would post on this blog everyday? I might have been lying in the face there. But I will be positing to day because I have stuff today(and hopefully I will have stuff tomorrow as well)!

First, yesterday was Mother's Day, and I made my mom a card like I always do! I hate making cards WITH A FIERY PASSION but no good gift comes without some strain, right? Plus, I figure whatever I do, even if it's just a silly doodle(which I should be pretty good at since I do them all the time), it'll still have more heart than a store bought hallmark one.

Next, I did some sketches of this random guy from Esquire magazines. I've been known to swipe magazines from family so I can sketch a particularly nice face or pose or body. This guy I mostly liked his face and pants. He had really nice pants.

Look at the creases on those suckers! WHAT. That's what I'm talkin' bout.

Also I did some random robot sketches, because after seeing the rigs at this FREE RIG BLOG(fuck yeah free rig blog) I felt like making a kick ass robot in maya with some cool rigging and animation. Because, y'know, I can just do that on a whim, it's not like it'll take over a month or anything.


I have a general idea of what I'd like, possibly some barrel chested machina with some cool transforming weapons. The problem is with out a purpose there's no character, and no character makes for lousy design. So I'll put this on the backburner to think about.

Lastly, I'm going to do a Sketched Screenings post tomorrow(hopefully) on Thor, and I finished the sketching and inking. I'll color and post it tomorrow(again hopefully).

I took a little liberty and relied more on the ultimate comic version. You're welcome ladies.

Hmm, blogspot's been kinda wonky lately. I may look into better Tumblr options.

That's all for today! Expect more stuff later.



No comments:

Post a Comment