Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2011

24 hour comic: start

I've started doing my 24 hour comic for 24 hour comic day!  If you don't know what it is, click the link. Basically, I have to make a 24 page comic in 24 hours, starting roughly 2 hours ago (it's 2:15 now). I'll be updating throughout the day on my progress. So far, I have a story, the main characters, and sketches!




I know they're horrible quality, they were uploaded from my phone. NO TIME. You can see the main protagonist in the first one on the left. Her name is Tameron and she's a burlesque dancer(not a stripper, there's a difference). Also, it's a sci-fi futuristic noir.

With all this starfire/catwoman craziness going around, I wanted to do something that proves you can have a sexy character who isn't just all about boobs and sex. I think I have an interesting story. I don't know if it'll work. But at least I'm trying something different. Even just looking at the character sketches now, I can already tell I've bitten off more than I can chew. I've tried to keep it simple(simple for me that is).

So I have the story planned out and most of the characters drawn(OH GOD WORLD BUILDING) , the plan now is to work out the layout for the whole thing, get a few hours of sleep, then work all day until midnight tomorrow to finish it. It's not going to be colored, and if I do it right, it'll only need to be half inked.

I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment