Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Look and the Looker

So here is the full rough version of my 24 hour comic. I hope it's mostly legible and that you can understand what's going on(please tell me if you can't read the dialogue so I can go over it with text). More than that, I hope you enjoy it. Please tell me if it's good or not as I really can't tell when I'm this excited about soemthing.  And any feedback would be nice.  I put it after the jump because it's rather long to display on the site.
And here we go! The Look and the Looker:

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

Page 5

Page 6

Page 7

Page 8

Page 9

Page 10

Page 11

Page 12

Page 13

Page 14

Page 15

Page 16

Page 17

Page 18

Page 19

Page 20

Page 21

Page 22

Page 23

Page 24

A little post-comic commentary:

I don't know if I got it across with my drawings, but whenever the Seether was looking at a woman through a man's eyes, It got ridiculously stylized with crazy physically impossible poses and boobs poppin out everywhere. So that's why it was drawn that way. I wanted to make a joke about the recent controversies over the Starfire and Mary Jane.

I wanted to make her a burlesque dancer rather than a stripper and I hope I got the difference across, even though I had very little time to do research on burlesque. Any burlesque buffs out there that can say I did a good/bad job of representing it?

I wanted to call the monster the "see-er" but then I realized there's no good way of writing that. I kind of wanted to play on the idea of the watcher without actually naming him the watcher. I toyed with naming him "the looker" but then I liked the idea that 'the looker' in the title was referring to the woman being looked at. Do you think it would be cool to have a double meaning or would it get too confusing? Thoughts?

What parts did you enjoy and what parts should be worked on?

No comments:

Post a Comment