Pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

ovatar

Man, that was a really bad movie. I did hear someone almost clap. I could rant about that all night long.

So I will!

I read all of the reviews and I knew it would be bad, but nothing could have prepared me for the horrendous pile that was this movie. And no one mentioned they intentionally mispronounced the names! Honestly, what's the reasoning behind that? It's not like they didn't know the correct pronunciation as if it were adapted from a book, and what would they have to gain from changing it? As if the mainstream audience wouldn't except his name is pronounced Aang? All they're doing is further pissing off the already built in fanbase of the show.

"Ong"? Seriously? In what language would aa make an "o" sound? I think that's what hurt the most. It's so simple and yet stings so much. It's like someone you just met mispronounces your name after you say it to them. I was waiting for someone to walk up to the little bald kid and go, "Hey, it's pronounced AANG bitch."

And speaking strictly from a movie standpoint, the storytelling was poor, the writing and dialogue were terrible, and the action sequences were just wasteful. It felt like he was trying to be Zack Snyder but failed.

But why should I have all the fun of dissing the movie. What did you hate most about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment