Pages

Friday, September 27, 2013

Illustrated Friday: Nightvale Poster

Hey guys! Regular followers of mine might be wondering why there's no Friday Sketched Screenings post. That's because I'm cutting down to one review a week so I can focus more time on doing cool illustrations! And I'm starting it this Friday with a cool Fan Nightvale poster!


If you're not already a fan of the amazing podcast Welcome to Nightvale, it's a crazy podcast about a small desert town in which strange occurrences happen regularly and without warning. It's a mix of Twin Peaks, Alan Wake, and The Twilight Zone, and it's probably the funniest, creepiest, smartest, heart-filled podcast out there. If you ARE a fan, then you'll know all about the Vague Yet Menacing Government Agency and the important work they do, so I designed a badge for them! I was going to do feathers on the batwings but it became a bit too complicated. I think it turned out really well! I really like how the wings and banner form the outline of the classic Nightvale eye. Check out the rough version:
I have other ideas for Nightvale stuff, so this may not be the last Nightvale-themed illustration. See you guys on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment