Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

Alice and more

 A friend of mine said she was thinking of being Alice form Alice: Madness Returns for NYCC, but thought the look had been too done. So I suggested the obvious conclusion: Steampunk Alice!  She wanted to know what that would look like, so I took the liberty of sketching up a few possible designs.  Colorwise, I'm thinking lots of brown, dark faded blue, and dirty white. Basically, it's Alice's regular attire but with gears and leather and a corset. The corset is integral to the steampunkiness for some reason.

 I've been reading Burne Hogarth's book, Dynamic Wrinkles and Drapery, and I really wanted to start using wrinkled clothing more. So I made this guy with a huge zoot suit! Man, who doesn't love zoot suits?
Another sketch of a guy from the barberverse. And he's got a scimicomb! I'm really considering revamping it. I'm not sure if anyone really cares about the barber as a character. Personally, I'm not quite sure what his character arc or motivation should be, other than finding out what the hell is going on. I'm much less enthused about the idea than I once was, and it doesn't help that alot of people don't seem to read it.

There will be a review of Conan the Barbarian up later tonight over at Sketched Screenings.  I'm also planning reviews for 30 minutes or Less and Fright Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment