Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

crocs and reviews

So I forgot to do an update last week.  Boo on me.  But that's also because I haven't had the time to do some col sketches and then share them. But hey! Sketches anew! And links! So many Links you don't even know!

 First off is this random sketch of Batgirl and Killer Croc. It's weird, there are so many superheroes I adore, but when I want to sketch some, I draw a big blank.  Anyways, I've been trying to stretch my cartoonized superhero muscles, so I came up with this. Croc has an irregular head which gave me some trouble, and it took me a bit to give a batgirl a dynamic pose with some good flow, but I think I finally got it down.

I'm going to in this, and then possibly marker it, color it, and even illustrator or flasherize it.  I want to get to the point where I can do commissions(Y'know, because of all the free time from the 50 million projects I'm not doing) and I want to see how long each will take and also how much I should charge. And I need to make a couple of really good ones to get people excited.

Also did this very cartoony spidey sketch(spidey butt!), which aren't final, but I like the idea behind the design, so I may use it later.

I did a number of posts for Sketched Screenings last week, and I'll be doing a few more posts this week. Mostly it was all Transformers, all the time.
I just really like this design sketch of Bay-style Megatron as a tank with a big-ass rail gun. 

There was my Transformers: Dark of the Moon review, I revisited my Dark of the Moon predictions, and I even wrote some Dark of the Moon fan-fiction of how I thought the movie should have turned out.
It's long, but I still like my version better. I also reviewed Bad Teacher, and I'll most likely be doing a sketched discussion sometime this week on it as well.  Here's a sketch of the Cameron Diaz illustration I did for it:
And this week I did a review of Horrible Bosses! So check that out if you're planning on viewing it.


In Rocket Powered Dragon news, I did an animated walk cycle of the boss which you can see on the blog, here! Check it out! It's all like movin' and stuff!  And if you haven't seen last week's Purple Boy and Turquoise Girl and Book of the Barber, you definitely should because there are going to be new ones today and tomorrow!

Also, I haven't been pimping it out as much as other projects, but Sketchy Noir ended yesterday.  If you haven't been keeping up, you can read it from the beginning here.  I'm not sure if I'm going to make more stuff for it or take down the button. Time(both linear and how much of it I have) will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment