Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

Fox on your arm

Hey guys! I haven't posted here in awhile, mainly because I've been doing comics over at Rocket Powered Dragon, my movie review sketch blog, and working on my art house sketchbook project. But I did want to show off some nice sketches I recently did.

A friend of mine asked me to design a fox tattoo for him. Normally I loathe designing tattoos with a fiery passion, but since he's a good friend, and it was an animal, and he was paying me a nice chunk of change, I decided to go with it. And I'm sure glad I did! Doing this made me realize how much I like animals and how much I need to draw them more.

Here is my initial sketch, which I love, but it wasn't quite the design he wanted.

A couple of sketches that are more stealthy, on the prowl.


The final ink version.

Also, if you guys haven't checked out Brother Rabbit, Purple Boy and Turquoise Girl, and the Book of the Barber this week, now's a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment