Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

ink and wash

Hey guys. Haven't had a post in awhile because I've been busy! I'm taking classes again! One in Inking and one in Storyboarding.  I'll have more to post on the storyboarding class later, but for now, I have some stuff to show off from my Inking class!

Our first assignment was to do a one-page comic with ink wash. I've been wanting to do a "Professor Malceor: Necromancer of the Subway Station" comic for awhile and thought this was a good excuse.  I think this came out pretty good for my first Ink Wash, though I'm still trying to find the best brushes. After the jump, how I planned it out, more inking work, and other stuff!



Before I started inking, I drew a rough pencil version of the comic to figure out where all my grays and blacks were going to go:
I thought the last panel didn't convey the right emotion. It looks more tragic than funny. Plus it's more work than it's worth. Also, the flow was really hard to read from left to right to left to right again, so I simplified it and changed up the panels.
 
Also, here are some practice washes we did in class with the figure:
 

Unfortunately, we ran out of time before we could do anything more dynamic. Also also, since this previous Sunday was Father's Day, I decided to use ink wash for my dad's card:


This week I will have some rough storyboards to do. Weeeeeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment